Accounting Clerk job description template
This Accounting Clerk job description template includes the list of most important Accounting Clerk's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Accounting Clerk job profile
Accounting clerks usually perform simple accounting tasks such as financial record keeping. They need to be familiar with using specialized ledgers and accounting software.
In order to attract Accounting Clerk that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Accounting Clerk job description.
Accounting Clerk job description
We are looking for an accurate accounting clerk to be responsible for financial record keeping. Accounting clerk responsibilities include using specialized ledgers and accounting software to record and process expenditures, receipts, payroll and other financial transactions.
Accounting Clerk duties and responsibilities
- Help accounting department
- Be clerical support to our company's accounting department
- Prepare and manage various accounting documents and records
- Prepare and manage bank deposits
- Prepare general ledgers
- Reconcile accounts in an accurately and timely manner
- Enter key accounting and financial data on a daily basis
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Always adhere to accounting principles
- Adhere to established standards, procedures and applicable laws
Accounting Clerk requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as an Accounting Clerk
- X years of experience as a Accounting clerk or similar role
- Good knowledge of in MS Office
- Experience with accounting software
- Strong attention to detail
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- High school degree
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus