Accounts Payable Specialist job description template
This Accounts Payable Specialist job description template includes the list of most important Accounts Payable Specialist's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Accounts Payable Specialist job profile
Accounts Payable Specialist is someone who has a proficient knowledge of accounting practices and an ability to work well with others to ensure a corporation’s financial health.
Accounts Payable Specialist differs from Accounts Payable Clerk in terms of focusing specifically on ensuring that a company pays its debts/bills within a given timeframe.
In order to attract Accounts Payable Specialist that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Accounts Payable Specialist description.
Accounts Payable Specialist job description
We are looking for an experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team, someone who will assist us with invoicing and billing. Your key duties will include daily bookkeeping, record keeping and financial reporting.
Accounts Payable Specialist duties and responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
- Assisting the accounting team in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports and financial statements
- Processing due invoices for payments
- Reviewing and resolving issues with financial and operational reports
- Ensuring the account payable team comply with the terms and conditions set out in the contract
- Supporting the accounting team in the preparation of annual budget, forecasts and quarterly forecasts
- Coordinating monthly and quarterly close processes
- Ensuring bills are paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges
- Developing and maintaining working knowledge of all procedures, policies and standard operating procedures
Accounts Payable Specialist requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of X years experience in accounting or similar roles
- Data entry skills and interest in numbers
- Competence in financial and bookkeeping software
- Attention to detail
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively