Application Security Engineer job description template
This Application Security Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Application Security Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Application Security Engineer job profile
Application Security Engineer is someone who is responsible for ensuring the security of the company's networks, data and applications.
Application Security Engineer ensures that applications and services of an organization are secured and implemented with best security practices.
Application Security Engineer provides technical leadership and guidance to the application security team. Application Security Engineer is a technical expert in the area of technical analysis and design of application security systems.
Application Security Engineer manages the application security program, defines standards, policies, and procedures, and coordinates with engineering teams to implement and maintain integrated applications.
Application Security Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced Application Security Engineer to join us! As an Application Security Engineer, you will work as a part of our security engineering team and you will collaborate with other IT professionals to ensure that user data is protected.
Application Security Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Developing and maintaining software application security policies and procedures
- Providing technical leadership, guidance, and direction to the application security team
- Developing and maintaining documentation of application security controls
- Implementing software application security controls
- Designing technical solutions to address security weaknesses
- Analyzing system services, spotting issues in code, networks and appplications
- Following security best practices in performing tasks
Application Security Engineer requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Minimum of X years of experience in Information Security or related fields
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior management across multiple departments
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, project-oriented environment
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills