Database Administrator (DBA) job description template
This Database Administrator (DBA) job description template includes the list of most important Database Administrator's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Check out our Complete List (500+) of Job Description Templates!
Database Administrator job profile
Database Administrator (DBA) are generally responsible for the performance, integrity and security of databases. They are often also involved in planning, developing and troubleshooting of databases.
In order to attract Database Administrator that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Database Administrator job description.
Database Administrator job description
We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to join our team! As a Database Administrator at our company, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company's databases.
Database Administrator duties and responsibilities
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Process work accurately and in a timely manner
- Pay attention to detail at all times
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
Database Administrator requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field
- X years of experience with programming languages such PL/SQL coding
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- X years of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- X years of experience with Oracle RAC, SQL Server or MySQL
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubeshooting and maintenance
- Expertise in SQL
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills