Estimator job description template
This Estimator job description template includes the list of most important Estimator's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Estimator job profile
Estimators are generally responsible for preparing estimates for projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. Their duty includes calculation of labor and material costs, time requirements and other duties.
In order to attract Estimators that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Estimator job description.
Estimator job description
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking Estimator to join our team! As an Estimator at our company, you will be responsible for preparing accurate and reliable estimates for various projects. Your accuracy will be very important for our business success and planning.
Estimator duties and responsibilities
- Grasp the scope of projects and their requirements
- Determine and measure key variables
- Do research and summarize information from available resources
- Perform complex data analysis and provide forecasts
- Gather and review offers from various subcontractors and vendors
- Perform comparison and risk analysis
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key stakeholders
- Make suggestions for process improvement
Estimator requirements and qualifications
- Previous working experience as an estimator for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of financial and project management operations
- Hands on experience with complex data research and analysis
- Familiarity with software such as Timberline, HCSS HeavyBid
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in engineering, construction science or similar relevant field
- Professional certification will be considered an advantage