Facilities Manager job description template
This Facilities Manager job description template includes the list of most important Facilities Manager's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Facilities Manager job profile
Facilities Managers are generally responsible for maintaining and managing buildings and grounds of an organization. In addition, they are responsible for guiding and directing staff as well as managing facilities' equipment and supplies.
In order to attract Facilities Manager that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Facilities Manager job description.
Facilities Manager job description
We are looking for an experienced and responsible Facilities Manager. As our Facilities Manager, you will manage and oversee inventory, repairs, employers, and contractors at multiple of our locations.
Facilities Manager duties and responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate all building-related activities
- Manage waste disposal, recycling, and other
- Monitor and manage facilities' security systems
- Ensure good condition of facilities
- Ensure compliance with health and safety standards
- Keep track of inventory items
- Document supply shrinkage, spoilage and/or a change of location
- Document and advise on needs for equipment repairs
- Supervise contractors and vendors when the facility is in use
- Evaluate proposals from vendors
- Respond to the emergency needs in a timely manner
- Negotiate opportunities to rent facilities
Facilities Manager requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience in facilities management or relevant roles
- Experience with contracting, procurement, and proposal processes
- Knowledge of appropriate software, equipment and security systems
- Experience with the security and maintenance of large facilities
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Facility Management, Engineering, or relevant field