General Practitioner job description template
This General Practitioner job description template includes the list of most important General Practitioner's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
General Practitioner job profile
General Practitioner is a medical doctor who treats all common medical conditions and refers patients to hospitals and other medical services for urgent and specialist treatment.
In order to attract General Practitioner that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise General Practitioner job description.
General Practitioner job description
We are seeking a experienced General Practitioner (GP) with exceptional professional skills and knowledge to provide a high standard of primary and continuing medical care to our patients.
General Practitioner duties and responsibilities
- Respond to patients' medical/health problems by referring to their history and carrying out diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate
- Discuss side-effects, best conditions for use, and possible interactions of medication
- Contribute to the delivery of patient services with nurses, technicians, and other medical staff
- Collect, record and maintain patient information, such as medical history, reports and examination results
- Supervise and train medical students
- Participate in research studies commissioned by the hospital board
- Accommodate rotating shifts and work flexible schedules
General Practitioner requirements
- [X] year(s) experience working as a Medical Practitioner
- Excellent patient management skills
- Ability to make decisions in high-pressure situations
- Integrity and strong professional code of ethics
- Completion of residency and state licensure
- Excellent verbal and written communication in [X] language
- MBBS qualification or equivalents