Hospice Nurse job description template
This Hospice Nurse job description template includes the list of most important Hospice Nurse's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Hospice Nurse job profile
Hospice Nurses are registered nurses who provide care for terminally ill patients. They work with patients, their families and other healthcare professionals during the final stages of life.
In order to attract Hospice Nurse that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Hospice Nurse job description.
Hospice Nurse job description
We understands that the value and quality of our care relies upon the ability and satisfaction of our employees. We prioritize patient care and employee satisfaction above corporate profitability.
If you share our commitment to delivering superior quality care and loving where you work, then we invite you to join our team of compassionate professionals.
Hospice Nurse duties and responsibilities
- Communicate daily with interdisciplinary team including physicians, social worker, chaplain, nursing assistants, volunteer coordinator, and other hospice nurses
- Frequently visit patients and evaluating their condition
- Give support in accordance with individual patient’s needs
- Collaborate with caregivers in order to provide the best possible patient care
- Assist in administering medication
- Alert physicians about changes in patients' condition
- Help patients and their families with administration and paperwork
- Communicate all pertinent information and evaluations through clear and concise documentation
- Educate patients' relatives on coping techniques and provide comfort and support
Hospice Nurse requirements
- Previous working experience as hospice nurse for (x) years
- In-depth knowledge of nursing care operations and administering medication
- Familiarity with safety regulations
- Keen observation skills
- High ethical standards
- Patient-centered and patient
- Compassionate nature and excellent communication
- Formal nurse training certification
- Current CPR certificate