Systems Engineer job description template
This Systems Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Systems Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Systems Engineer job profile
System Engineers can be responsible for various tasks. They are generally responsible for planning and implementing new systems, troubleshoot and correct software errors and deficiencies as well as improve existing systems by performing software upgrades.
In order to attract Systems Engineer that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Systems Engineer job description.
Systems Engineer job description
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join our team! As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining new and existing systems and infrastructure. You will be a member of our core engineering team, and will have an opportunity to advance in your career.
Systems Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Plan and implement new systems
- Suggest new ideas and solutions to problems
- Maintain and constantly improve existing systems
- determine bottleneck in the current systems and suggest solutions to problems
- Determine issues with business Internet connectivity, WAN technologies, remote access and VPN configuration
- Participate in security management
- Use diagnostic tools to determine deficiencies
- Suggest and oversee improvement processes
- Stay up to date with latest technology and best practices
- Attend webinars and conferences
Systems Engineer requirements and qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- X years of experience as a System Engineer or similar role
- X years of experience using linux or unix environments, debian or ubuntu
- Very good understanding and knowledge of networking and application-level operations
- Ability to quickly diagnose issues and suggest solutions
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) highly desirable
- VMWare Certification highly desirable
- Cisco Certification highly desirable
- Exoperience with and knowledge of operating systems and server solutions (Exchange, SQL, Terminal Services (RDS), IIS, AD).·
- Experience with Perl, Ruby, Python
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills