Test Engineer job description template
This Test Engineer job description template includes the list of most important Test Engineer's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
➡️ Before we dig deeper into Test Engineer job description, download our new Guide for Recruiting Tech Talent.
Test Engineer job profile
Test Engineers are responsible for conducting automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers fits its purpose. Assessing codes is one of the main duties of test engineers.
In order to attract Test Engineers that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Test Engineer job description.
Test Engineer job description
We are looking for a Test Engineer to join our team! As a Test Engineer you will be responsible for planning and implementing of tests that prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the system.
Test Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Test and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements
- Prove for scalability and performance of a software
- Ensuring the quality of the system as a whole
- Work with firmware developers and validation engineers
- Develop and automate tests for software validation
- Detect bug issues
- Prepare file defect reports and report test progress
Test Engineer requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience in Software Testing or similar role
- You love and have a deep understanding of QA
- You understand the uses and methods of testing
- X years of experience in wide range of Open Source Software exposure
- Good Hadoop skills
- X years of experience with mobile applications and location-based services
- X years of experience of working in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Fearless - not afraid to suggest or back big ideas however disruptive they may be
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs)
- Good level in SQL/database
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills