Travel Consultant job description template
This Travel Consultant job description template includes the list of most important Travel Consultant's duties and responsibilities. It is customizable and ready to post to job boards. Use it to save time, attract qualified candidates and hire best employees.
Travel Consultant job profile
Travel Consultants meet with clients to discuss and learn about their travel requirements. They are responsible for advising clients about suitable travel options in accordance with their needs, wants and capabilities. In addition, they help them plan trips to domestic or international destinations, tours, accommodation, transport, insurance and fares.
In order to attract Travel Consultants that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Travel Consultant job description.
Travel Consultant job description
We are looking for an experienced Travel Consultant to join our team! If you are passionate and enthusiastic about traveling, and if you love improving others' travel experiences, you will love this job!
Travel Consultant duties and responsibilities
- Research, explore and study different travel destination options
- Research destination and travel prices, customs, weather conditions, reviews etc.
- Research and study clients’ specifications and wishes
- Suggest suitable travel options that best suite clients' needs
- Plan and organize travels
- Book tickets, reserve accommodation, organize rental transportation
- Inform clients and provide useful travel material such as guides, maps and event programs
- Collect deposits and balances
- Offer and promote different services and offerings
- Keep learning about latest industry trends
- Attend webinars, conferences and other educational programs
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Track KPIs and prepare KPI reports
Travel Consultant requirements and qualifications
- X years of experience as a Travel Consultant or similar role
- Passionate about travel and tourism
- Excellent knowledge of latest tourism trends
- Good understanding of different tourism offerings and options
- Good knowledge of travel software
- Proficiency in English
- Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage
- Good sales and presentation skills
- Customer oriented mindset
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- BA in Hospitality, Travel, Tourism, Business or similar relevant field
- Candidates with rich personal experience in traveling will have an advantage